Senior Designer (m/f/d)
Sunst is a multidisciplinary creative studio based in Berlin/Kreuzberg working in art direction, branding, graphic, motion and spatial design. We partner with brands to create identities, spaces, products, & platforms that are at the forefront of visual, technological, sustainable & interactive potential. Through creative strategy and our holistic, research-led approach, we engage audiences and drive conversion. Whether focused on spatial, packaging, branding, production, activations, film, digital or visual communication, our aim is to forge meaningful connections and experiences between brands & people. Our clients include Nike, Jordan, Carhartt WIP, Google, Highsnobiety and more.
After a couple of years of adjustment and rethinking what it means to be a creative studio in the contemporary world, Sunst is implementing structural changes and establishing a new unit. Building up a team that understands that sustainability brings with it an entirely new way of working. A team capable of reacting to the future and responding to the past. Setting off on a course that can adapt quickly and evolve continually.
We are currently looking for a Senior Designer with work & agency experience to join our team. We require an ambitious and creative conceptual thinker & designer, someone that can come up with a core thought and creatively deliver it across multiple channels and outputs – from creative strategy to campaign direction, branding, event design, digital content and much more. In this role you will be responsible for the overall visual aspects of the creative and design work performed by Sunst Studio and coordinate the work in a small design team. Besides that you should be able to independently formulate conceptual approaches visually and implement them in a contemporary aesthetic and language that is appropriate to the project. A strong work ethic is essential and applicants must have lifestyle and/or sports brand experience.
- Creative project and customer responsibility
- Developing and realizing interdisciplinary design concepts
- Development, design and implementation of presentations
- Master projects from concept through design to final art-work
- Develop a brand/project‘s design consistently across different media
- Guidance and supervision of a small design team
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with colleagues from strategy, creation, production and management of external partners
- Degree in communication design or equivalent with several years of professional experience – we’re not looking for a typical advertising creative
- The role is highly varied, no project is ever the same so a flexible working practice and attitude is essential
- At least 4 years progressive experience in brand design
- Demonstrable design skills with a strong portfolio
- Excellent knowledge in all the major Adobe creative suite programmes, Figma, Apple Keynote
- Collaborative work approach + strong ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work within given deadlines to create sophisticated deliverables
- Strong conceptual work and detail-oriented implementation of planned ideas
- Ability to translate brand directives into the right context
- Willingness to immerse yourself in a brand and understand the nuances of how they manifest/ communicate/engage with their audience
- Strong in creating presentations and communicating concepts
- Strong sense of aesthetics and profound knowledge of design
- Industry knowledge of sportswear, fashion and lifestyle
- Experience in 3D & motion design or knowledge in spatial & retail design is a plus
We attach great importance to self-motivation but ultimately, we want to make you a solid part of the team and develop the agency in the long term. Sunst is committed to equitable hiring and practices. Continually aiming for change and progress in diverse recruitment and advancement.
Please send a full application (CV, references) to firstname.lastname@example.org subject: SENIOR CREATIVE (website or portfolio links are welcome. File as a pdf, please no larger than 10 MB).
We don’t just want to see final work results but to get an insight into your personal working methods and the conceptual development of a project.